Friday, September 23, 2011

A Happy Ending! Adam Gets to Keep his Garden...and not only that...

I just learned that Adam Guerrero, the young teacher I blogged about in this post, not only gets to keep his home garden (YAY!), but after thousands of petition signatures, video views, Facebook likes and emails later, the city of Memphis was so impressed by the support that he received that it's going to help him locate a lot in his neighborhood for a new community garden.

Did I say YAY? :-) What a victory for the home food growing movement!

Happy trails,

bobbi c.

2 comments:

  1. I just read your last two blogs. I am so very happy to see this insane situation get resolved in such a positive way. Lots of lemonade out of that lemon! Thanks for blogging about it, Bobbi. Hope you get an overdue day of R&R (not riveting and roofing or rigging and re-working) and outright fun this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Mary! I'm glad it worked out well for them, too. I sent the judge a "thank you" e-mail on behalf of all my readers. :-)

    I am working this weekend, but at the computer. Rudy's the one in the attic. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog! I love visitors, and readers, and appreciate the time you spend there. Hope it's enjoyable and fun for you. bobbi c.