Monday, October 8, 2012

First, I cracked open the can of yellow paint...

And here, I prove what my husband said in the previous post was true--I have no "off" switch.  Thing is, I want to get as much done on the cottage as I can before the really cold weather comes to stay.

Today, I cracked open the can of yellow paint and commenced.  I will say that I DO NOT like the "new" Lowe's Valspar Primer and Paint in one product.  Apparently they're switching all their Valspar paints to that formula.  If so, then I'll shop elsewhere for my paint.

So, like I said, I cracked open the can of yellow ("Croissant" actually). And this was the result.  It's a nice "buttery" yellow, but not too intense.




And my good friend Holly Van Scoy gave me another project piece.  This old trunk is made of pine, topped with rustic metal and old handles.  Love it!  It just needs a "bit" of work. :-)  I intend to use it as a coffee table in my living room. 


Now tomorrow, I rest.

Happy trails,

bobbi c.

2 comments:

  1. Are you leaving your home in three colors as you have in the photo? I like the combination.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey indigogarden! Yes, I think so. Not sure about the trim for the yellow yet, or the doors. They might be red. Still pondering. Taking a break while I'm getting over an eye infection. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog! I love visitors, and readers, and appreciate the time you spend there. Hope it's enjoyable and fun for you. bobbi c.